Thought it wouldn’t be a bad idea to expand on the previous post in developing the TAIM crew. One of the things we thought we’d like to do is have these characters have traits that you wouldn’t necessarily expect, but not done so for shock value. It’s not like all of a sudden Sierra is going to start doing karate just because, or EMH will be able to count cards like that guy in that movie with the other guy… A Beautiful Mind? Wait no, Rain Man, definitely Rain Man. (Oof.)
It’s the back stories to who they are now that are the most fun to write. And whether they’re seen in ‘real time’ or explained with dialogue, it will always make sense and have an explanation. Now from the little you know from the character bios and scripts samples, these examples below may or may not surprise you, but rest assured you will enjoy learning why.
– Why Sierra is the optimistic dreamer that she is?
– What’s behind Niles’ veganism and yoga practice?
– Why is Val able to kill someone twice her size in two moves?
– What’s the deal with EMH’s depravity and all around insanity?
– Is Blake as comfortable being a male porn star as he seems?
Even for the reoccurring characters, aspects to who they are and how they tick is all planned out… Some more detailed VS thought bubbles for others but still, it’s all there.
– Veronica’s passion for being athletic and in great shape.
– Jenna’s decision to leave adult and work with TAIM.
– Stan’s rampant sexism.